A delicious twist on classic potato salad that adds a greater variety of vegetables to your plate, increasing the nutrient content and providing a delicious mustardy zing at the same time.
Ingredients3 cups potato cubed
½ small cauliflower broken into florets
6-12 small turnips (depending on size)
1 cup mayonnaise
A handful of parsley finely chopped
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
Freshly grated zest of ½ a lemon
3 spring onions finely sliced
Salt to taste
A generous grinding of cracked pepper
- Peel the turnips and slice them into equal sized pieces similar to the cubed potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes, turnips and cauliflower until tender.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together.
- Add the warm cooked vegetables to the mayonnaise mixture and toss until coated well.
- Serve warm or place in the fridge to cool and serve cold.
This is super easy and delicious and the flavour improves with time as the veg soaks up the dressing.
It can be eaten alone or as a side. You could add chickpeas, boiled eggs or shredded chicken for a more substantial meal.